Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Poem for My Brother Judge...

My brother Judge lost his battle with AIDS when I was pregnant with my second child. Finding refuge in my writing I sat down and wrote this poem...


~A Special Soul~

He loved me the moment we met.
Just one touch and our lives were set.
Set in stone was our love.
Chosen to meet as the stars above.
When together we had us a time.
The song of love was our rhyme.
One day our lives would change.
I was within hearing range.
I heard him cry in fear that day.
That’s when I began to pray.
Pray for him despite the cost.
One mistake and all was lost.
He showed me how to love without regret.
To live your life and not to fret.
Hold onto faith when all else fails.
Listen with your heart and tell your tales.
Live a book and let it be read.
Remember every word you ever said.
Take the time to meet a friend.
Keep your faith until the end.
Sing a song and make it true.
Say the words I love you.
For a brief moment in time he belonged to me.
But now his heart and soul are finally free.

No comments:

Post a Comment